Tuesday, August 12, 2008

29 Weeks

I’m now 29 weeks pregnant, and we still don’t know the baby’s gender. I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday, who agreed to schedule me for an ultrasound to “measure” the baby in two weeks—so on August 26. When she said that, a voice inside my head was screaming, “Don’t you understand the torture I’ve been going through all this time not knowing? Couldn’t you conceivably just bring me back there right now and check? Do we really need to set up an appointment for that?” But the more calm, rational, grateful side of me thanked her for letting me schedule another ultrasound in a few weeks. We are just hoping the baby will give us a good view this time!

I’ve had a pretty normal pregnancy so far. I have had a lot more pain in my hips and pelvis this time, which is apparently normal for second-time pregnancies. So I ended up sucking in my pride a little bit and getting a pregnancy support belt. It’s helped a lot. I can actually function semi-normally now. I no longer wince at the thought of going for a walk, and I’m not running to the bathroom every fifteen minutes. My lower back feels a lot better too. I know I wasn’t as in shape going into this pregnancy as I was with Benjamin. I wish I were. I kind of wonder if needing more support this time has something to do with that.

Watching the Olympics Women’s Gymnastics these past few days has also made me wish I were in better shape. Mind you, I was never good, but I really loved those days on the high school gymnastics team and the classes I took at BYU. The beam and bars were my favorite. It won’t be long before I can twist my back, do a cartwheel, and maybe even do a simple back-hip circle on a bar. Well, maybe a little longer than eleven weeks from now, but I’m still excited for that day!

Oh…so Paul finally shaved the vacation beard. Look forward to some really amazing pictures of that great event.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My second pregnancy was a lot more uncomfortable too, but the support belt was always out of stock. Must be good! I can't wait to find out what you're having! I'm SO excited for you that you get to find out.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Sarah, you're cute.

Melanie said...

I would have died having to wait this long to find out the gender. Not that you've had a choice.