Sunday, October 27, 2013

Seven Months

This beautiful little lady turned seven months old yesterday. Time just does not slow down anymore, but I'm enjoying every squishy second I have with her.
 Lydia is really strong, and is getting pretty good at rocking on her hands and knees. She can also stand against a surface (like a couch) on her own for about a minute. She has a vice grip and a penchant for hair- especially Nora's. Poor Nora has lost several handfuls to these pudgy little fingers.
 Lydia is without a doubt a Mama's girl. Whenever I'm in the same room, she makes it clear that she wants nothing to do with anyone else. She loves her Daddy too, and especially enjoys sitting at his feet while he serenades her with his guitar. She has a funny bobble dance, and bounces whenever she hears music.
At her six month appointment (at which she measured 30% for height and 90% for weight), the doctor pointed out that she had unusually early stranger anxiety. So advanced. ;) Her sense of humor is emerging, and she thinks it's hilarious when she tries to feed me something gross.
I've heard her say "Mom" a few times, but it's usually when she's sad and wants me. She also says "Dada!" in a cute chirpy voice.
Lydia has an adoring fan club. Benjamin is so cute with her, and loves showing her off to his friends.
Peter is warming up to her more and more. He is really tolerant of her slobbery kisses, and enjoys performing for her to elicit a smile.
Lydia is a happy little girl, and such a delightful addition to our home. I had no problem turning 30 this month. I look at these four beauties and life feels full.

3 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Oh I love your squishy baby Lydia. And you are so beautiful in that last picture!

Rachel Sorber said...

Love that girl. Happy belated 30th! You're in a really good place in your life right now. I loved 30. Enjoy the sweet spot you're in!

Jeannine said...

What a great post! Lydia is just adorable and I love that she's already saying "mom" and "dada"!