Friday, October 18, 2013

Frankenora and The Legend of Chubbs

There once was a fair young maiden who loved to paint her fingernails. One bright and sunny afternoon, the maiden lopped a good part of her delicate pointer finger off as she was fending off dragons. She was exceedingly brave, and allowed the mad doctor to stitch and mummify her, understanding that her precious fingernail might never be the same. All was right in the land (despite the King's three days wanderings off to far distant lands), until that fateful day when the Queen ordered the wrappings be removed from the fair maiden's finger. The sight of the stitched finger terrified the maid, and she resisted with all her power to avoid facing the ugly truth. Not one week later, a kind doctor did the deed for the Queen, wrapping the finger expertly and assuring everyone that all would be well.
But it was that same doctor that raised the alarm for the fair maiden's rotund baby sister. When it was discovered that the babe's thigh rolls were not evenly matched, the doctor sent her straightway to be x-rayed. Twas hoped that her tiny hips were correctly formed underneath the extra padding. 
The x-rays were thoroughly examined, and the babe was pronounced well - abnormally fluffy legs and all. And the kingdom rejoiced.

4 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

You're silly. My goodness she has chunk to spare!

Jeannine said...

This story was thrilling! I'm sorry to hear that Nora has to deal with this, but I'm glad you've got a good doctor helping her heal!
And I'm also so glad that there's nothing wrong with Lydia! Haha that picture is seriously awesome. She is certainly not starving!

Liz said...

Oh my gosh, the chub. Glad she's okay!

Rachel Sorber said...

Loved reading this one. Poor Nora. I'm sure the finger will look better in time. And I can't get over Lydia. I've shown that picture to many of my friends and family. I can't get enough.