Monday, May 06, 2013

Healthy

Lydia is almost six weeks old. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time flies after you're done being pregnant!
 I tried to catch one of her smiles this morning, but this was the best I could get.
 Double chins...
 ...cheeks spilling over. I think this girl is off to a healthy start.

Speaking of health, I had to find myself a family doctor a few weeks ago (first time since sometime before I was married) to check my ears. Three weeks ago, my left ear went almost completely deaf, but it is finally, finally back to normal again. Turns out that crazy post-pregnancy hormones can do all sorts of funny things- like cause an overproduction of earwax. Who knew? Anyways, I am grateful to be able to hear again. One of those simple things I tend to take for granted!

5 comments:

Liz said...

We deal with extra-waxy ears over here, too, and not just during pregnancy. If you want to combat it, I was told by our pediatrician, try a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in your ears and then take a shower, and the heat and warm water and stuff will loosen it up. My mom also suggests baby oil. Love!

McKenna said...

What a beautiful girl she is. So glad you hearing again ;)

Rachel Sorber said...

I want to kiss those cheeks. They are pulling me in...

Hi Lowe! said...

haha I LOVE the second pic of her....AAAHHHHH!!! :D SO cute!

Becky Lowe said...

What a cutie that Lydia is. I chose the one where she's looking off to the side since her cheeks are so darling in that one. I will hang it on the wall until you can get me another one!
Thanks!