Saturday, May 04, 2013

A Little Catch-Up

 It's been a while since I've regularly posted about anything, but we've been having lots of fun.
 The boys enjoyed 'take your kids to work day' with Paul. I guess Monsanto likes brainwashing 'em early. ;)
They're convinced Dad has the best job in the world.  Who wouldn't want to work where you have breakfast, Mad Scientist shows and free goodie bags! They were especially excited about getting a set of bamboo flatware each, making their own bouncy balls, and getting balloon weapons (light saber and blaster.) 
 The Mall near our house just got a Lego store, so we went to check it out. It was a lot of fun! The wall of colored individual bricks was one of the best parts, in my opinion.
On a particularly gorgeous spring afternoon, I made strawberry and Nutella paninis for Peter and Nora because, why not? I'm sure they didn't appreciate them as much as I did. I'm loving the fact that I don't have gestational diabetes anymore!
With all the rain that we've been having, at least five of Benjamin's baseball games have been cancelled. We all went as a family this week to one of his games. Peter and Nora spent the evening getting filthy...
 ...but having a marvelous time doing it.
 Benjamin made some great plays for his team, especially while covering first base. They are actually getting to be good little players, which makes it fun to watch.
Nora is the opposite of a home body, and has been itching to get out of the house ever since Lydia was born (and since Peter never wants to leave the house, we haven't done much of anything lately). The girls and I made it to the Science Center one day this week while Peter was at preschool.
 Nora wouldn't get any closer to this animatronic dinosaur, and this was the best "smile" she could muster.
 The discovery room is the best. Nora loved racing the cars down the ramp.
Benjamin had a "crazy hair day" at school this week, but was initially hesitant to participate. I convinced him it would be fun, and styled this mohawk.
He looks so grown up to me here. The hawk adds at least an inch on him. :) 
We've taken a break from gardening the past few years, but decided to try it again this spring. We picked a spot right on the deck where it will get the most sun and let the kids pick out their own seeds. Paul's pretty proud of this planter he built this afternoon.

3 comments:

Becky Lowe said...

Now that's a garden spot that will be easy to take care of. Good idea! Love that Nora likes to go places and Peter likes to stay home. That's how my Grandma and Grandpa Oakeson were.

Liz said...

The picture of Nora with the dinosaur cracks me up! Perfect moment!

I think Peter looks grown-up with the mohawk, too, especially in the first picture. He sure is going to be a handsome young man.

And I hear you about the GD! Celebrate it, sister! :-)

Rachel Sorber said...

So fun to read your post. You are a really fun mama. Nora's hair looks really cute lately, and I think your garden idea is awesome. Paul should be proud.

I can't get over Lydia's cheeks. I just need to kiss them.

Miss you. It was fun to chat yesterday.