Thursday, February 07, 2013

To Health!

The past week and a half have felt like a blur to me. I'm still coming out of the haze of exhaustion, but I think we're all better. When I reported on Nora's vomiting incident last time, I didn't expect it was anything more than food poisoning. Mostly because she was so happy and cheerful, there was no sign of any fever, and the stomach pyrotechnics only occurred at night. 

I was wrong. First Benjamin got it, but again, it was in the evening, and he seemed to easily sleep it off. Then I got it, but my version was a lot more violent and harder to recover from (and on more than one occasion, I fantasized about just checking myself into a hospital and sleeping while they hooked me up to anti-nausea meds and fluids...and maybe just get the baby out while they were at it. ;) Just kidding about the last part...in my head I do realize how complicated and hard that would make my life to have a preemie). Then Peter and Paul got it. Then those who seemed to be over it apparently weren't a few days later. Needless to say, we spent a very long week at home, disinfecting, washing an endless mountain of laundry, and generally just trying to contain what we think was a norovirus. And we are so, SO grateful to have our health back!
The other reason I feel like I've been coming out of a coma is because during all of this, Nora decided to go full force into potty training. I am fully aware how awesome this is, but I've been cleaning her little potty, pulling her pants on and off and enduring hour-early wake up times so that she can proudly keep her diaper and underpants dry and clean. She fully caught on to what the urge feels like, so she's been going non-stop (though in tiny amounts). I certainly don't take this independent little girl for granted! Here's hoping she keeps it up and learns to extend her bladder's limits! :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

oh my goodness Sarah, you have had it rough. We do take our health for granted too often. Glad you are all feeling better. That is so exciting about little Nora potty training, you'll only have one in diapers!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I'm so sorry!! That sounds awful.

Go Nora!

Liz said...

So much to handle at once! You poor thing. And it must be a mom thing - I've fantasized about checking into the hospital too. It sounds CRAZY, but seriously, how awesome would it be to have everyone else take care of you and you not have to clean or do ANYTHING?! Doesn't sound like a bad deal! Yeah...we're nuts. :-)

Hope the potty-training keeps going well! Crossing my fingers for you.

Becky Lowe said...

So sorry I couldn't help out when everyone - even you - went through this virus. What a pain! Hope you're doing okay with Paul out of town. Love you!