Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

The afternoon before he left for Argentina, Paul went out and bought the Heritage 575 Hollow Body Guitar he had been pining for for weeks.
I honestly don't remember a time when he was so excited about buying something for himself.
He did a ton of research before picking "the one," but kept going back to play this one.
It really does sound amazing, although I have no ear for discerning different quality in instruments.
We don't have amps for it yet, but it is pretty cool that it can convert into an electric guitar.
I already nicknamed it his "mistress," although I'm sure he'll come up with a better name for it later. At least he told me last night that he misses me more. :) I give him a hard time about it, but he totally deserves it! It will be fun to have something new to do in the evenings together.
I'm sure missing this guy today. He left last Friday and he'll be gone through the end of next week. These long business trips are lame.
Something cool from this morning was the 3D ultrasound they gave me (some of the perks of having gestational diabetes are the extra ultrasounds). Will you look at those pouty lips and pudgy cheeks?!
Even though I'm measuring small, she's measuring in the 70% percentile. She's over 5 pounds already! I've been playing around with my diet to just see where my limits are at, and it doesn't seem that my condition is very severe this pregnancy. So it's been nice to not feel so restricted all the time. My induction date is just around the corner!
 Also, this just happened tonight: my first real kitchen table and chairs! The old table drove me crazy with the beveled leaf and edges that constantly collected filth, and the set of broken, impossible-to-keep-clean craigslist chairs are no more! I found these on Overstock for a pretty good price and finally decided to jump on it. The chairs are comfy enough to hang out in and super easy to wipe off. The simple parsons table has NO leaf (which was a plus for me) and is long enough to seat eight if needed. It's a hard mango wood, so hopefully it will hold up a little better to kids banging. It's perfect.
My visiting teacher must have been inspired to stop by this evening to help me flip it over.  I was able to assemble the legs on my own, but this thing is heavy! And way too heavy for an eight month pregnant lady to lift.
Doesn't quite make up for the fact that Paul is gone, but it did brighten my day a little bit. :)

2 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

Sarah, it was so fun to talk to you today. Your table looks gorgeous, Paul's new guitar looks pretty snazzy (Sam's a bit jealous), and your baby looks adorable. I cannot wait to hold her in just a few short months!!! I'm sure you share that feeling, only exponentially more than I do. Hang in there! Call me if you're lonely...

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I LOVE that second picture of your baby. That is amazing.

Your table is stylin' yet practical! Nice.

Sorry Paul's gone. :( Very cool guitar though!