Friday, April 13, 2012

Luck

For the past month or so, Benjamin has been combing the lawn in search of a lucky four leaf clover, and yesterday was his lucky day! He was so excited when he ran into the house to show me that tiny little clover with FOUR leaves on it! 
The first thing he asked was, "Where's the luck?" 
I said, "Well, It might come when you least expect it." 
"But I always expect it." 
He went and put it in his room, to keep it safe until Paul got back from work.  As soon as he pulled up, Benjamin ran to get his clover to show him. He excitedly ran outside with it, and then somehow, he dropped it along the sidewalk and it went missing...He was so upset, but I couldn't help noticing the irony of the situation, how the object that was supposed to bring luck instead turned into a hopeless search for a needle in a haystack. I rather objectively told him it was gone, but my determined little boy came back in within an hour or so, beaming, with ANOTHER four leaf clover! I was shocked and relieved! 
This time, we put it in a book to press it, and took a picture on our Mac's camera. I guess the luck from that first clover got used up, so we'll just have to see what comes of this second one!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Holy Moly! How lucky! :) I don't think I've ever found a 4 leaf clover. What a fun story. Also, that picture of Nora up there is adorable.