Monday, April 16, 2012

Go Rockets!

Benjamin just had his first baseball game tonight, and he looked so grown up, yet so little in his uniform. He would not let me take a decent shot of him all dressed up.
 So I had to do what I could on the field. Here he is in warm-ups.
Paul couldn't make it, so Peter and Nora came along with me to the game. After fidgeting on the blindingly bright bleachers for a while, we moved behind the dugout where they could play and run around.
 Benjamin's first position was by the pitcher's mound. I thought this pitching machine was a smart idea!
At bat...I watched him the first time (when he struck out), but of course I missed the next time when he got a hit. I had gone off to the bathrooms and concessions with Peter and Nora, thinking he'd be in out field for a bit. Sad!
 At least I got to watch him round the bases and make it home.
We were all doing much better once there was food.
 I have no idea what the score was. The game had some interesting rules, like each player gets five hits, and players can only run to one base per hit. Benjamin was ecstatic though, because he was sure they had won.
 Lucky number seven!
 Alright, fine. You can take my picture, now that we're home, and it's dark. I'm not smiling though. :)

3 comments:

Hi Lowe! said...

wow Benjamin! He does look really grown up! So cool he found 2 four leaf clovers! And...Nora looks really cute, with both hair styles! :) I don't know the trick...B would always take it out at that age. ?? Just keep trying! I'm sure she'll get used to it! Maybe just try headbands? then to rubberbands as it gets hotter in the summer?

Rachel Sorber said...

Well done, Benjamin! That's exciting. Wow. I have yet to enter the world of team sports. It's a little trickier here, I guess. Or maybe I just miss out on availability because of the language barrier... Anyway, that's fun. I'm glad he's enjoying it. He looks so cute in that uniform!

Stacy said...

How fun! Yea for kiddie sports :)