Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Messy Play 2012

It's been about four years since I posted about our local Parents as First Teachers program and its annual Messy Play event. It's funny how much has changed since then. I am certianly not the monther-of-one that I used to be. And as much as I appreciate the program for what it does, it feels more intrusive to my life now than it did back then. I guess I've gotten pretty comfortable doing my thing, raising my kids the way I want to. I do however, have to remind myself not to be lazy with my younger kids, who are just as content sitting at home in their jammies as they are going out on fun excursions. So on Saturday morning (probably in an effort to prove I haven't completely given up), I took Peter and Nora to Messy Play, and the three of us had a great time.

They painted,
washed baby dolls,
scooped snakes and frogs,
sifted rice and beans,
walked barefoot across a sensory obstacle course...
...which included a tub of rice noodles,
made squishy shaving cream bags,
did a little spin art,
and strung Fruit Loops.

I sure love hanging out with my littlest munchkins and watching them grow. This a really fun time of life.

3 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

Wow. You live in a GREAT place for raising young families! I've never even heard of most of the stuff you get to do with your kids on a regular basis in the places I've lived. Glad you're taking advantage of it!

Stacy said...

That looks so fun! And really, it is so hard to not forget/be lazy with the younger kids. But you're doing a great job!

The Dahle Family said...

Looks like toddler heaven!