Thursday, February 09, 2012

The Pair

Guess what! My upholstered chair now has a twin!!! I finally finished, and it only took me eight months to do it. Also, I finished the gallery wall. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. Maybe I'll have better lighting in there once the clouds outside decide to part.
And just so you can get the full effect of this transformation, here's a "before" for you.
And again, an "after." Ahh....much better. 
Yeah, that red sort of worked for a while, like glue holding together an otherwise hodge-podged space, but I'm not really missing it at all. 
I'm still working on the mantel and the corner to the left of it. I don't think I'm going to keep that chair there, but for now, it's staying. I'm also going to hang the two scripture posters I made on that wall to balance out the armoire on the right.
There's just something so satisfying for me in creating a home. I think I'm a happier person when I can enjoy the space I'm living in. But aren't we all?

6 comments:

Liz said...

The new color on the walls is very soothing. I like it. And I love the gallery wall!

merathon said...

the room is looking so great! i SO love the satisfaction that comes from completing projects.

Rachel Sorber said...

Wow. I love it--well done, my girl! I'm impressed. Wish I could throw a little paint on these boring white walls. Renting definitely has its downsides!

Mirien said...

What a beautiful transformation! My question is, what happened to the armoire in the first picture? I love it--it would look so great painted. Do you still have it?

Hi Lowe! said...

wow...that is amazing. GREAT job!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! You all are sweet.

Mirien, I actually sold it on Craigslist as part of a bedroom set so I could then buy the new one on Craigslist. I thought it was funny how about 90% of the response on the bedroom set came from Indian families. I also think it would have been cool painted, but I think it found the right home where it could be appreciated as is. :)