Friday, January 20, 2012

Highs and Lows

I think by now it should be no secret that I detest winter. It's not that I'm used to temperate climates, I'm just a wimp and I get cold really easily. The past few winters that we've lived here in Missouri have been especially brutal, but this winter has been downright lovely. Sure, today is averaging around 22 degrees (not counting windchill or humidity), but we've had plenty of days in the 60's and even 70's this month! And somehow, those warm breaks make it all better. 
Nora could care less what the thermometer says. She would stay out there all day if I let her. 
 On MLK day, we had gorgeous weather, so we headed to the zoo. It was perfect.
 The kids had a great time, although Peter had a harder time keeping up, sock-less, in his little rain boots. Silly boy.
 Peter would not rest until he saw the tiger. We stood there and watched it sleep for a good ten minutes. I think he really wanted to hop the fence and snuggle with it.
This gorgeous leopard was sunning itself right by us.
Nora likes to sun herself too. And guess what? The colds she and the rest of us have had since Halloween have finally passed. Yes, life is good. And we're already about to winter's half-way mark! Hooray!

6 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Aw, I didn't know you've been sick for so long! Dang. I'm glad you're better!! Your kids are so cute. :) Glad you've had some warmish days-- we have too and I agree-- it makes winter so nice!

Liz said...

Nora is SO CUTE in that pink outfit! She looks like Cindy Lou Who! ;-)

Glad you're feeling better. Winter's bad enough without being sick!

Momo Cannon said...

LOve your kids!

The Dahle Family said...

Oooo, those warmer temps sound so nice. But to tell you the truth, your colder temps sound SO nice, too! If it got up to 22 degrees again we'd all be celebrating by playing outside for a couple hours, 'cause that's 50 degrees warmer than what we've got!! It's all relative!

alexandra said...

fun times! i hate winter, too. i consider myself to be basically dead for the next three months. nora looks so much like porter to me in that last photo.

oh and the basement is looking awesome!!!

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Hi Sarah. What a fun post. I wanted to let you know that the previous winner of the handmade by emy tie giveaway never claimed their prize. I randomly selected another winner, and you're it! Congrats! Would you please leave a comment on my blog with your email address so that I can forward that to Emy? Thanks!