Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! We had a wonderful, relaxing day, and the weather couldn't have been better. I just wanted to show you all the stockings I finished, just in time for Santa's rounds. 
 I'm such a procrastinator. This idea was conceived shortly after Christmas last year. I bought a bunch of wool sweaters at a thrift store back in January, but they sat in my basement until recently, when I finally boiled them and put them in the dryer to shrink them. They still have a little stretch, but I kind of like it that way; it works better for stuffing them. I bought a couple of wool felt squares in green and yellow to brighten them up, and used cream wool yarn for the stitching.
 I kind of like the idea of non-matching stockings so they can easily be added to in the future.
This was a really fun project for me, and I'm a little sad that they're all done. I'm going to have to start making something else with all the scraps I have leftover....

4 comments:

Karey said...

These are so cute! I totally agree about coordinated but non-matching stockings. That's why I have never made any :)

Momo Cannon said...

You always amaze me with the creative things that you do! They are wonderfully cute. I am glad that you had a good Christmas.

merathon said...

those turned out fabulously! nice job! are the boys fighting over who gets the one with the train??

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Aww, great job! They look awesome. What you did is exactly what I wanted to do when I made our stockings last year, and now I can't remember why I didn't do them-- time? Know-how? Anyway, wish me luck trying to match what I've made in future years! I love yours. (And don't these homemade things just make Christmas great?)