Thursday, December 01, 2011

December?!

How is it already December, I'd like to know? Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now we're going into Christmas full force. We drove up to Indianapolis for the break to see Paul's cousins. We had a wonderful time, but managed to come away with only two pictures, both foggy and unappetizing. I love Thanksgiving. I love getting together with friends and family, and I love good food. We had so much to be thankful for this year. 
As I was digging through Benjamin's backpack this morning, I found this Thankful Book he made. I had a good chuckle. You think he's trying to tell me something?
I am thankful for my mom making cake.
I am thankful for food.
I am thankful for cake.
I am thankful for cookies.
We may have to make lots of cake and cookies this Christmas season. :) We have our tree up, most of our decorations out, and are getting gifts ready. It's a busy time, but I really love this season. And I love it even more, seeing it through my children's eyes each new year.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Haha! His Thankful book is hilarious! That definitely gave me a good laugh. I love how honest kids are. And he is a boy that knows what he wants. I'm glad you had a fabulous holiday! And yes it is December. Wasn't it June a few short days ago?

merathon said...

emery brought home a thanksgiving craft that said "Emery is thankful for candy" on it. seriously? that's the first thing she thought of?

alexandra said...

what are you doing wasting time blogging? get back in that kitchen--you have cookies and cakes to be baking.