Monday, October 03, 2011

Expressive

I feel like as a Mom, I can only do so much to educate my children. At least that's how it's been with Benjamin. I've taught him a lot, but he's generally only motivated to learn when the right incentives are involved- that's been the case with reading and math. But it's always been hard for me to figure out how to encourage his creativity, which I find odd since I'm an artist. So I've never pushed it. I figure he should at least gain an appreciation for the arts, which I think he has started to.
So now that he's forced to draw in kindergarten, I've finally gotten to see what's been stored away in his little mind, and it's been SO fun! I just had to share a few since I'm not sure if or how I'll hold on to many of the hard copies. I don't think he'll ever be creating great masterpieces, but any progress is good progress in my mind!
TWO lightsabers. General Grievous is fighting "some guy."
THREE Tron cycles. And three pumpkins (maybe to appease the confused teacher who didn't understand the maze of trailing lines?)
More Tron cycles. Notice how they're getting a little more refined! :)  
First attempts at writing sentences.
He got the hair color right for everyone. :)
He did this one at home all on his own: "I was in space."

3 comments:

Liz said...

I think there's definitely an artist of some kind in that boy. :-)

Stacy said...

That is so great. Kids' drawings are so fun :) I love the Tron cycles. I think that might make my husband want a boy ;)

Momo Cannon said...

Very creative! He sure got the hair color right!