Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Love this girl.

Nora is fifteen months now, and is growing up so fast. I officially weaned her a few weeks ago. It was a battle of wills, but I finally won out. I abused her generous empathy, by saying I was hurt (which I was!). She gave me sweet little kisses, and an understanding heart. Now during her bedtime routine, we read stories on her rocking chair until I put her in her bed. She cries for a few seconds, and then reads some more in her bed until she falls asleep. 
I've been struggling with knowing what to feed her now. She was never big into baby food, and now it's just as hard feeding her vegetables- except now I feel guilty since I'm not supplementing her diet with breast milk. Things she loves most are eggs, cheese and meat. Yes, very balanced. Speaking of balanced...
Nora loves to stand on her head and peek out. She is a really good climber, and is exceptionally coordinated. She's already figured out how to maneuver the Sit 'n Spin in nursery. I'm pretty sure my boys were both pushing three before they figured that skill out. ;)
But unlike the boys, she took her time learning to walk. She was thirteen months before she finally embraced it. I love naked baby bums, and her funny little stance here as she walks.
Usually when I pull the camera out, Nora cooperates by saying, "cheese!"
Another recent word added to her rapidly expanding repertoire is "pumpkin." Some others she says are  Mom, Dada, tickle, uh- oh, button, pretty, duck, dog, mine, flower, bug, bus, book, down, and "he go," ("here you go"- when she's giving you something). I didn't witness her first word pairing, but Paul told me that on the way home from Sam's Club, she got a firm grip on the giant bag of mozzarella and said "My cheese." She held on to it the entire trip home. :)
You might have to enlarge this one to see her teeth, but she still only has four- two on top and bottom. She has an endearing little gap between them too. :)
We went to the Magic House the other day for the Halloween event. Nora loved looking at her reflection and saying "duck!" She loved seeing all the other kids' costumes too.
I think Nora is a girly-girl with a healthy dose of boyishness. She loves playing cars and trucks with her brothers and a crush on Buzz Lightyear, but she also has moments where she wants every single one of her bows to be in her hair, and goes crazy whenever she sees a doll.
We are all in love with her- especially Paul. It's so sweet to watch the bond between these two- it's very different from father and son. Paul will often just stare at her and sigh, "She melts my heart!" And she of course reciprocates his love. It is so much fun having this little girl around!

5 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

What a sweet post! She's such a little doll. I love all the different photos of her doing different things. She really is growing up fast, but she still has an adorable baby body and face. I wish I could give her a squeeze myself.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Awww! I love Nora! What a great personality she has. It's fun to hear about the details-- thanks!

Marliese said...

Nora will love reading tribute to her when she's older. It's great to record the details that can easily be forgotten.

She is a red-headed doll. Gorgeous!

Liz said...

Look at those sweet little cheeks! So darling.

I'm so glad you got a girl. Aren't they just wonderful? :-)

Momo Cannon said...

She melts my heart, too! Hasn't that duck costume been around for a few Halloweens? It is really cute.