Thursday, September 29, 2011

Come Home

It's been a long two weeks without Paul. We're anxious for him to get home in the morning. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped while he was gone, mainly because he and I were "hanging out" every night together after the kids were in bed on Google chat. Isn't technology amazing?
December 2010
I did manage to postpone jury duty, which was a relief. It would have been very bad timing for me to have to sit in a room for two days, away from my kids (not to mention for my awesome sister-in-law Abby, who would have been stuck watching all those kids!).
February 2011
We got through the weekends (the worst part for me) pretty well. On Saturday we attended our ward service project where I helped watch the kids (mainly my own very clingy Nora). It was nice for all of us to see friends, even if we weren't able to help out with any of the manual labor. I also got to go to Women's Conference, thanks to Abby's equally awesome other-half, Patrick. That was a huge spiritual boost for me.
February 2011
And at church, a wonderful lady rescued me when I had Peter out in the hall, screaming. She just quietly took him from me and sent me back in to my other two children. She kept him on her lap for the entire meeting. What a saint. Later on Sunday, we went to our our new friends' house to hang out and have dinner. They have four little boys, roughly the ages of our kids, and Zeke is in the Elder's Quorum presidency with Paul. Benjamin and Peter have been begging to go back ever since. We had a lot of fun getting to know them better.
March 2011
So we've survived, and even had some good times together. But I will not miss all the fish sticks and frozen pizzas we ate for quick, easy dinners.
March 2011
I will not miss being Nora's wrestling mat at the end of the day- that's definitely Daddy's job. I will not miss doing all the dishes, sweeping, tidying, and the whole bed time routine all by myself.  I will not miss my long conversations with the computer, even if I know it's technically with my best friend.
August 2011
I will also not miss having our king sized bed all to myself. I'm sure grateful for Paul, and I feel lucky that we get to have him around as much as we do! I know I sometimes take that for granted, but it really is a blessing to have such a strong and wonderful husband and father in our home so much of the time.
August 2011
Come home, Paul! Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

2 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

Ugh. Sounds not fun to have him gone for so long. I'm with you--life's WAY easier and better with the hubby around! Glad he's home today.

Hi Lowe! said...

Two weeks...that's a really long time. I'm sorry!!! Technology is amazing. So glad for google chat! :) Yay for his homecoming!!!