Monday, April 11, 2011

Update

It's done!  Tubes in, adenoids out, and all is well.  Benjamin was a champ about it too.  Paul took him in while I stayed home with Peter and Nora, and he said Benjamin was very mature about the whole thing.  Benjamin was telling me afterwards about the wagon he got to ride in, the mask he got to wear, and the funny red balloon that went up and down right before he fell asleep. :)  I had stocked up on soft things for him to eat when he got home, assuming he'd be down for the rest of the day, but he requested McDonald's straight out of surgery.  I thought that was an odd choice, but we all went. We even let him play in the play place there for a few minutes.
I felt a thrill this afternoon when I whispered from across the room and he responded. Hooray!  My boy is back!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Sarah, once again I have had to catch up with your blog because my page won't save your URL to my favorites list. It won't save Rachel's either! So it's not quite as easy to check them and I get way behind. I love reading about your family. Thanks for the last half hour of good reading!! What a wonderful family!!!!!

Rachel Sorber said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you...and Benjamin. Kiss him for me. I miss your sweet kids.

Momo Cannon said...

Am so glad all is well! We love you all.

Stacy said...

Yea! That's awesome! What a champ.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I feel a thrill just thinking about him hearing a whisper from across the room, after what it's been like for you guys! Congrats and I'm so glad it went well.

Hi Lowe! said...

Yay! I'm so glad it worked!

Marliese said...

Oh yea, that is great! We had the exact same problem with Tessa...once the fluid accumulated during a cold or whatever, it would never drain. It is very sad when your child can't hear the world around him/her.

I remember right after Tessa's surgery, she kept asking, "what's that sound?" about normal, everyday noises...but ones she hadn't heard in months. Glad Benjamin recovered so well and that he can hear!