Friday, November 05, 2010

Staying Sane

Paul is here right now for his friend Travis' wedding, which is sort of lame because I'm not there with him.
18+ hours both ways in the car did not sound at all fun for a weekend trip, and we couldn't justify the cost of two plane tickets, so here we are. I do have some cute little friends to keep me company though.
"Suicide hour," as I like to call it, tends to drag a bit longer with Paul gone, with no anticipated relief until bedtime. So we've had to get creative around here. I thought the boys would love playing with shaving cream. Benjamin sure did, but Peter wouldn't touch the stuff.
Their conversation here went something like this:
Peter: "Yucky, yucky!"
Benjamin: "Squeeze it! It feels kind of good."
Peter: "Yuck."
Benjamin: "Peter, squeeze it like this. Squoosh, squoosh, squoosh...touch it Peter, touch it!"
Peter: "NO! Yucky!"

Then today, we got some pipe cleaners, puff balls and googly eyes. Peter figured this one out all on his own. He cracks me up!
One plus side to all this is that I've had the evenings to myself, meaning I have a little time to work on Nora's room. I made these to go above the windows, but realized I hated the shape and color I had picked. So I just recut them and bought some new fabric. Now to finish them up!

4 comments:

Paul said...

Miss you dearly. Much love.

Jeannine said...

Pretty much, you're an awesome mom and seem to be doing just great while Paul is gone! Although for your sake and sanity, I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for the rest of the weekend :)

Also, Nora just keeps getting cuter, Peter is hilarious, and Benjamin looks so big!

I miss you all :(

Momo Cannon said...

We have been thinking about you there with the kids and are glad that you are so creative with the kids and your projects. The kids are so cute - I loved Peter's googly eyes!

Stacy said...

Suicide hour? I think we have that at our house too. But it seems like you're keeping yourselves occupied :) How fun!

P.S. I don't know if you've heard of this or not, but you can put the shaving cream in a big ziplock bag, suck out the air and "draw" in it. Does that make sense? It does in my mind. Oh well.

P.P.S. Do you have a sister in West Jordan?