Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How to Make Bubble Pictures

We got this idea from one of our videos, and decided to try it out. Benjamin loved making these "bubble pictures," and it was especially nice how long it occupied him. To make them, you need water, a few containers, tempera powder (tempera paint would work just as well I'm sure), dish soap, straws and some paper.
First, I let him pour the water in each of his buckets. Then, he scooped the tempera powder into the water and added the dish soap. (It's a very forgiving recipe, so I let him have free reign over "measuring")
Next, you use the straws to blow (don't suck!) bubbles until they form a mountain.
Next, place the paper on the bubbles. (Use whatever you have, can be cut in shapes if you want)
Pull the paper off, and you have a "bubbly picture!"
Let them dry on a flat, dry surface.

3 comments:

Calley said...

What a fun idea! And what an obedient child. I can see this activity going awry at my house :)

Mirien said...

What a fun mom! I think I used to do such things. Poor Corinne--I need to let her experiment more. That's a really cute idea.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

You artist. :)