Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Costumes

I finished Peter and Benjamin's costumes yesterday! They took way more time than they should have, and didn't end up saving me much money, but it was fun. And I think they turned out pretty well. I figured since I put so much into their costumes this year, I'd get their portraits taken. We've been listening to the original Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie in the car, and thoroughly enjoying it. I find myself remembering that Peter Pan musical (with Mary Martin as Peter Pan) that I thought was so dumb as a kid. 'Hook' also included a lot of the fun details from the book that the Disney cartoon left out.
And no, Benjamin didn't get his wish to be "Benjamin Pan" this year. But he looks pretty happy as a fireman, huh? I even spray painted an old hose for him. Happy (early) Halloween!

8 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

What cuties! I love those pictures--they look so cool. I'm always amazed at your creativity, Sarah. Those costumes are incredible. Way to go.

Jeannine said...

Dang. Sarah, you are seriously amazing. Those costumes are awesome! and the boys look quite pleased with them as well! I'm excited to see more pictures of them on Halloween, too!

Oh, and I have to agree with Benjamin. Butter definitely is the new toast. Haha where in the world did he hear that phrase?

Momo Cannon said...

What darling boys and the costumes look so great! Halloween is so fun for kids that age. Love, Momo

Henry Parents said...

Sarah - these are great!! I made Henry a Peter Pan costume last year, it was fun. I am trying my hand at sewing their costumes this year, and it isn't looking too good. Oh, well. Have a great Halloween!

Sarah said...

Wow Sarah! Those are amazing! And their pictures turned out so cute too!

Michelle Lowe said...

All I can say is, AMAZING. How did you make Benjamin's costume?! Did you use patterns for both of them? You never cease to amaze me at how creative you are.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

HaHA! I LOVE the one of Peter Pan in the moonlight. He's totally on his way to Never Never Land. And Benjamin is ready for action, I can tell. Nice work!!

Rebecca said...

And they looked so cute in them tonight!