Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Reading Progress

Benjamin and I have been trying to do some informal "preschooling," where I spend some time working with him on reading or counting. He enjoys playing this game I made where he matches the words to the pictures. He's learned all the "at" family words pretty well and can read them without the pictures as references. I can't take credit for teaching him the sounds of words though. I love this website, http://www.starfall.com/, and he does too. I've found it to be a really effective teaching tool.

5 comments:

Momo Cannon said...

Hurrah for Benjamin! He is like a little sponge.

The Dahle Family said...

Thanks for the website, Sarah. Xander has just lately realized how to squish all the sounds that letters make into words (AKA, phonetic reading). We checked out this website, and he read 4 of those stories to me this afternoon! He also played about 10 games and didn't want to stop. Good one.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Way to go, Teacher Sarah! Anna likes Starfall, too. We've not yet ventured beyond the alphabet link. Her favorite is W when they play with the wigs. First time she saw it, she just cracked up.

So Benjamin's starting to read, eh? He is like a sponge. I'm not surprised he's interested now. Way to go!

Sarah said...

We've been using Starfall for awhile now and Emma LOVES it. It really is great.

Disney on Ice sounds so fun. I'll have to watch for when they come here.

I like your new stroller...I really like the side by sides better than the tandem. That's great the airline replaced it (like they should have!)

GayLynn said...

Way to put your artistic skills to good use. Love your flashcards!