Friday, August 07, 2009

Utah Trip: Post-Wedding

We were lucky enough to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house while we were in Utah with Grandma and Katie. We fell in love with Daybreak (the area around it). It's really beautiful up there. Riding on the golf cart up to the temple was a highlight for Benjamin.
He told me his favorite parts (besides the golf cart) were the "Holy Ghost," the piano playing by itself, and the "foxen" around the baptismal font. It was a really special experience to be there as a family.
It really is a beautiful temple!
Here's the clip-on tie that he now insists on wearing with his polo. Also, notice his newly freckled face. So cute! We had lots of down time to play, which was nice. Benjamin and Andrew are the oldest of the cousins. They had a blast together.
This is a wonderful picture, because it reminds me of all the mornings when I was NOT waking up at 7:00 a.m. with Benjamin. Most mornings, he would wander out of our bedroom unnoticed, and someone (usually Grandma) would eventually feed him breakfast. It was so nice to sleep in for a few days!
We went bowling one afternoon, and Benjamin scored well over 100! :)
Of course, he did have a little help.
But Grandpa showed us all up. Good times!
Oh, how I miss those mountains!
We of course had to make our rounds to the usual places; Bombay House, Cafe Rio, and Burger Supreme. We also got together with our friends from home, the Browns (who just moved to Provo), at the Bean Museum. We met up for story hour, where kids got to handle a small snake. I really wish I had a picture of the snake wrapped around Peter's neck. He loved it!


We got to go see Harry Potter one night in the theater, which was a lot of fun. I really liked this one.

Paul ran a freaking 10k in under an hour, which was pretty awesome considering he just recently took up running. I'm so proud of him. He ran it with Katie, Brig, Alexandra, Josh and Anne. I didn't participate because of my bum knee...or was it because I hate running?

One of the biggest highlights for me was rock climbing for the first time. I loved it! I felt like shouting "Look at me! I'm a climber...I climb!" ala What About Bob. We went up Rock Canyon Park with Paul's brother Josh, and Anne in the evenings after the kids were in bed. It was perfect because they had the gear and the know-how. I wish I had thought to bring my camera, although it got dark so the pictures probably wouldn't have turned out anyways.

No comments: