Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ten Months Old

I had Peter's portrait taken a couple of weeks ago. He is ten months old today! I cannot believe how fast he's transformed from a tiny newborn to a little boy with brimming personality. He is very responsive to music, and loves to dance and move. He is probably more coordinated than Benjamin was at this age. He crawls everywhere, climbs up legs and furniture and takes a few steps from place to place when he's feeling especially confident. He loves ripping books, crashing towers, and is learning how to clap and wave. Also, he is finally sleeping through the night on a regular basis (from 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.)! That is huge after a month of sleepless nights on vacation. He loves his big brother, and wants to be where the action is. I've started to notice that he's not very excitable. He's pretty even tempered and even sociable with strangers, but he doesn't light up or laugh easily. The photographer had a hard time getting him to smile at the camera, though he was otherwise cooperative. I love watching who my little guy is becoming. The photographer threw me and Benjamin into one of the shots for fun. I like how it turned out.

4 comments:

McKenna said...

What cute pictures. I love the book you are reading in the last one. You look beautiful too.

Melanie said...

Those pictures are great, and I absolutely adore that last picture.

Rachel Sorber said...

So cute! You're right--those cheeks are looking a ton better. He's such a doll baby. Thanks for sharing.

Becky Lowe said...

The pictures of Peter are adorable. I choose the one on top, with the green pants. I also loved the one of the three of you in black and white. Thanks! Mom