Sunday, June 14, 2009

Peter's Post

I feel like my almost-eight-month-old has been out of the spotlight for long enough, so here's a tribute to my little sweet Pete. Peter is about as delightful and cuddly as they come. He is pretty easy going, but he's just starting to show strong preferences for me. He will sometimes shriek, I believe with jealousy, when Benjamin runs to my arms, crying for comfort. Peter has no problem playing by himself, though, and often does. He is getting stronger and stronger every day, and really wants to be mobile. He loves to be tickled, and thinks it's hilarious when I play "Where's Peter?" with him.

He has these funny little indented eyebrows that look almost cartoonish when he's wide-eyed, and his hair has been getting fluffier and redder. I, of course, think he's adorable- even with his characteristic pacifier-induced eczema patches. Benjamin took this picture. You can just ignore me in it, but I think it captures our relationship well.

The fist time we took him to the pool, he could not stop giggling. He loved it!

This picture reminds me of one we have of Benjamin when he was about a year old at the pool. Pure joy!Unlike Benjamin, however, Peter loves the splashing water area and doesn't mind getting his face wet (perhaps it's because Benjamin dumps water all over him during baths?). Anyways, I signed Benjamin up for a two-week swimming class, starting tomorrow. I'm hoping it will ease some of his water-related inhibitions. Or maybe Peter could teach him lessons in bravery. This kid has no fear!

3 comments:

Momo Cannon said...

What a delight Peter is! We can hardly wait to get to know him better this summer! Love, Grandma Cannon

Momo Cannon said...

I just noticed the wild hair in the first picture -- just like his Dad at that age! What a cutie. Love, Grandma Cannon

BQC said...

I love the photo of you holding him. He looks so squishy and sweet and yo ulook like such a tender mom.