Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I was just noting to Paul today how rare a thing it is for a guy (I guess old or young) to want to be a dad of a big family, the sole breadwinner, help out around the house and be silly with his kids. I think it's fairly common in Mormon culture, but still a very rare quality among men. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have found such a catch. Thank you Paul for being such a wonderful father to our two boys! I also want to thank my wonderful father and father-in-law; they are both remarkable men!

I taught Benjamin his middle name this week. He was excited to know that his middle name came from Paul's Dad's line, and that Peter's middle name came from my Dad's line. I hope we can raise our two boys to live up to the great legacies these men left. I hope they'll grow up to be good fathers, just like their dad and the fathers who have come before us. This world sure needs them!

3 comments:

McKenna said...

I feel the same way about Stewart, his dad, and my dad. What great men we have in our lives. I hope that my daughter will find an awesome man when that time comes.

Katie Cannon said...

I love you guys! Paul you are a great dad! I can't wait to see you guys so soon!

Momo Cannon said...

I am also impressed with the good men in our family. It is wonderful to see my boys be fathers -- it is a real payday! Love, Momo