Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a really wonderful, but busy Memorial Day Weekend. On Saturday, we were involved in an activity with the missionaries in our ward, "tracting" to invite neighbors to our ward's Memorial Day Celebration. Most people didn't answer the door, and some casually took the invitation, but we had one nice long visit with a religious professor. The man was really sincere, and he wanted to clarify the differences between what Mormons and other protestants believe. I think he felt the Spirit, which is all we could ask for! It was really neat being a "missionary" with Paul. It made me really excited to do this, just the two of us, when we're old someday.

I was pretty involved with the Memorial Day activity itself, too. There was a primary activity with games, crafts and contests, face painting, a really nice flag retirement ceremony put on by our boy scout troop that especially honored veterans, and a barbecue. We love our ward!

Tug of War with the primary kids. Benjamin thought it was hilarious.Brother Smith's homemade side-car extravaganza. Benjamin had a little joy ride on it, although he was gripping onto the children next to him the whole time.
And here are Peter's latest stats: 19 lb. (55th %) and 28 in. (78th %).

2 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

Wow! Peter's not exactly following in his brother's footsteps for the first year's growth rate! He's so cute. I wish I could squeeze him.

I'm glad you guys had some good Memorial Day fun--this lame mama didn't even get a flag out front! Maybe once I've recovered a bit more I'll remember to do fun things like that...

alexandra said...

Peter, you are leaving Will in the dust! You are looking so grown up, too! Can't wait to see you guys. I feel like the trip will be here so soon and I am really looking forward to it.