Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring at its Finest

You should see our driveway right now. It looks like a tree sneezed on it. The green powder coating isn't just sprinkled on, there are actually streaks that make it look like it was applied with some force. So I've been sneezing a lot lately too, but I don't mind. It's SO warm! I'm loving the weather these days. I was even motivated enough yesterday to take a walk beyond my normal boundaries, venturing across the busy intersection to a park about a mile away from our house.

I've been wanting to exercise on a regular basis for some time now, and I figure it might actually happen if Benjamin knows there's something in it for him (i.e. the playground). He'll be my coach. I've also been really inspired by Paul, who has been going to the gym regularly at work and has made some impressive progress. I'd really just like to be in shape again. So I'm setting a goal to be able to run to the park (pushing the 50 lbs. of kids + the stroller, which probably weighs a good 30 lbs.) in half the time it took me to walk it, so 10 minutes. I think that's a reasonable goal, and now that it's in writing, it might just happen.

The boys in the stroller, happy to be out for a walk.

Benjamin was running around aimlessly through the park with the biggest grin on his face, SO happy to be outside. Haha...You think we get out enough?! :)

We also hit up a library book sale yesterday, which was a lot of fun. I got a bunch for Benjamin and Peter, and a few for Paul and me for about $1.00 each, and they're all in really great condition! I also bought some old piano duets for Paul and me. When we moved here, Paul couldn't read music, and now he sight-reads most pieces with both hands! So I thought it was time we started playing together.

This afternoon, Paul made us a delicious quiche Lorraine with Gruyere cheese, and we set out for a picnic at the park. Benjamin's head was already dripping with sweat when we got there because he insisted on sitting in the car for a long time before we left.
Peter is loving the warm weather too. His eczema has finally decided to give his poor cheeks a break!
We didn't end up staying long (or even playing on the playground) because Benjamin requested to go home and take a nap. He's a very routine-oriented kid, and was exhausted from missing his nap yesterday.

6 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

You have some cute boys. Good for you for wanting to get in shape--and more power to you for wanting to do it WITH the kids! Best of luck! :)

alexandra said...

Spring is wonderful. Can't wait to see you guys in a few months. We are going to have a great time at the Scera pool. I think Andrew and Ben will be great buddies.

Thora said...

You make me want to try walking to my local park (around a mile away). I think I will, too!

Momo Cannon said...

Momo wants to come to the park, too!

Jeannine said...

Sarah, I want to hang out with you and the guys so badly right now! Are you guys planning on coming up for the Lowe reunion? Please say yes :)

Sarah said...

Hooray for warm weather and getting outside and exercising! I also use our mile away park as my exercise goal, but can't bring myself to run. I just fast-walk instead. So, good for you!