Thursday, March 05, 2009

Rankings

I'm kind of a sucker for the dumb stories that pop up when I check my email. I like reading various rankings, even though I'm not sure I believe whoever is conducting the surveys and their biases. A few years ago, I found an article that ranked my home town in Virginia as the fourth best place to live in America. That was of course a few years after I had moved away from home, but I still thought it was pretty cool.
Then a few months ago, I found an article that ranked the five best and worst housing markets in the U.S., and was shocked to find Provo among the worst, up there with Las Vegas, and a bunch places in Florida...Huh?!
Then yesterday, I got curious to know which of America's cities were the unhappiest, and St. Louis was ranked #2. Interesting...I mean I already knew the crime rate here was the worst in the country when we moved here, but still. That surprised me. I'm pretty sure we're still happy!

1 comment:

McKenna said...

Wow, I wonder what Eagle Mtn. is best or worst at/for. Glad you're still happy!