Sunday, March 01, 2009

Happy Days

Peter holds his head up really well now on his tummy. It is crazy how fast time flies. I swear Peter is growing up at least triple the rate as Benjamin did. I was trying to remember when Benjamin finally tolerated tummy time, and I think it was around seven months when he also started to scoot. I was looking through some old pictures of him tonight and found evidence to prove me wrong. He was doing this at four months, too. It was all a blur to me. Here's a little blast from the past. Benjamin was SO fat.
And here he is with his little clone. Although they seem to be diverging more and more into their own little persons. Oh, and I weighed Peter this week. He's a whopping 16.5 lbs. He's definitely outgrown the size one diapers I've been mistakenly squeezing him into for the past few weeks.We had some nice weather this week and got to play outside more than usual. Benjamin enjoyed pushing Peter around in the stroller.
And of course working on the compost pile.
So here is my little triumph of the week. I finished TWO projects! I finished stitching together this rug for Peter's room and made the fabric shade.
I like how it turned out. It was really easy, so now I'm confident that I can tackle the five windows in our room and make it look decent.

11 comments:

alexandra said...

Great work on the rug and shades! They look wonderful! I can't believe how much baby B and baby P look alike! So adorable.

Sarah said...

Those little boys definitely look alike. How exciting that Peter is holding his head up. Everything really does go faster with the second.

Great job on the rug and curtains. Do you want to make some for my house now??? :)

McKenna said...

Wow, Peters room looks like a shot from a magazine! I would like to do better at decorating my place!

Momo Cannon said...

Very impressive! The boys are really changing -- can't wait to see them again this summer. Love, Momo

Mirien said...

Nice job, Sarah! What is the rug made out of? And the shade looks great!

I can't believe how big Peter is! How do you do it? :)

Jeannine said...

Wow. I had no idea how alike Peter and Benjamin look at that age! They are way too adorable for their own good.
And Peter's bedroom looks great! Sarah, you are amazing. I am seriously impresseive!
Also, I miss you guys.

And p.s. those Benjaminisms make me laugh EVERY TIME!! I just love little kids, and that one in particular.

Jeannine said...

Haha I just noticed that I said "I am seriously impresseive"... I meant to say I'm seriously impressed. Haha but I hope I gave you a good laugh :)

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

wow! Great job! I'll have to call you for tips when I start making our curtains! Thanks so much for the sweet post on my blog! I wish I was only half as good as you and your art! You are amazing! So that meant a lot to me that you like one of mine! : ) I can't believe how much your two boys look like each other! Wow There so cute!

Katie Cannon said...

Everything looks so great. I really miss all of you. it seems like things are going really well I'm so happy for you! I love you all!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Ok, Sarah, I've got more praise for you, so keep basking in it! Hahaha. :)

You will forever be my personal interior designer friend. Whenever I have a question or am seeking decorators advice, I will ask Sarah Cannon.

Isn't it satisfying when you look at a beautiful piece of work and think, "I did that." Way to create!

Rachel Sorber said...

I love those shades! I'd like to do some like that for our family room--I may have to call you for tips...