Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Family and Friend Tag

Rules of this Tag:
1. Answer the questions about the list of friends and/or family on your blog.
2. If you don’t have 18 names answer the question about the next name that you have not had a question for on your list.
3. Tag 5 people.


When did you first meet the first person on your list?
I met my sister-in-law, Abby shortly after I moved back to Utah for Fall semester 2004. Paul had told me how awesome she was and how much we'd get along, and it was true. I love her!

What do you like about the third person on your list's blog?
I like Bill and Kristin's blog because it always has a funny or uplifting story. Plus, it's just nice to stay in touch since we aren't neighbors anymore!

What do you like best about the fifth and sixth people on your list?
I like the "Cannon Family" because I'm part of them. They welcomed me in with open arms from the time I first met them, and are some of the most wonderful, funny, down-to-earth people I know.
Something I like about Laura is her contagious joy. I knew Laura from Wymount, and she always seemed to have a bright, genuine smile for whoever she saw. She always seemed to cheer me up!

How long have you known the ninth person on your list?
I have known Andi since my freshman year of college (so Fall 2002), but she had already known my cousin Wendy from her ward growing up. So it was an instant connection and bond between us.

What impresses you about the eleventh and twelfth people on your list?
Jay and Susie are some of the happiest people I know. I was especially impressed with Susie as she willingly and cheerfully (though I knew her to be somewhat daunted) accepted her calling as the Relief Society President in our ward in Wymount. She was amazing!
Jon and Sarah are wonderful. I was especially impressed by their faith when they left Utah upon graduation without any tangible job offers or plans, to move to California because they knew they should. Jon did get a perfect job, they found a great duplex, and are expecting their second baby any minute. Totally deserving people!

What is a memory you have with the sixteenth person on your list?
Karey and I are cousins, so I've know her my whole life. Her family lived in Pennsylvania and were the nearest relatives we had by far. I bought her contract to live in Monticello, and was warmly received into that ward because I was her cousin. I do have a funny memory though at Grandma Lowe's house just a year and a half ago or so. Karey was modeling her wedding dress for us. She wasn't engaged...yet. But that was the dress she planned to wear with Matt or whoever else ended up being the groom. Luckily, Matt did end up proposing shortly after. They're a great couple!

Say something nice about the eighteenth person on your list.
Melanie is also my cousin. She grew up in Utah though, so we only saw each other during Lowe reunions. Besides being a lot of fun, she is one of the most ambitious people I know! She is also down-to-earth and just tells it how it is. She makes a wonderful wife and mother!

So I wasn't officially tagged. Thank you, Sarah Farrell for your nice comments in yours. I am tagging anyone who hasn't done a tag in a while. I'm usually not too wild about doing them, but this one was fun.

No comments: