Thursday, May 15, 2008

American Idol Obsession

So I was greatly relieved after last night's results on American Idol! It may have seemed like a given that the Davids were going head to head, but this season has been full of surprises....including Syesha even making it into the top 5. I don't know why she grates on me so much, but I hate watching her perform or even talk. I think her being an overly confident actress has something to do with it. So on Tuesday night, Paul and I voted for the Davids, just to do our part. Then last night, we were brainwashed by the American Idol "Man" to download all of our favorite songs from the season. We capped it off around 13 songs since you have to pay for them. We got mostly David Cook, then Brooke White, then Jason Castro and one from David Archuleta, Carly Smithson and Michael Johns. I have to say, there was a lot of diverse talent this season! As for next week, I'm kind of hoping David A. wins (even though I don't like his songs as much) because I can't stand the idea of American Idol owning David C.'s talent. I think he'd do much better with an independant record company, but who knows. It's going to be a really close race. Alright, alright. I am admittedly obsessed.
So this morning, a UPS truck pulled up, so I had Benjamin watch out the window to see the man bring the box to our door. He was really excited to open it, and even more excited when he saw a new pair of green Crocs inside. He quickly put them on and started racing all over the house because a green light means "GO! GO!" It was an easy transition, and the old shoes will not be missed since they're too little and not nearly as comfortable. Plus, they don't help him go fast like these do. THANK YOU online shopping! No toddler throwing fits in the store, no hard decisions for him to make, a truck that makes the arrival of new shoes that much cooler, and mail for Benjamin (he's obsessed with mail these days).

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Matt and I didn't really care which of the Davids won as long as ONE of the David's won. And now that we have that insurance we can breathe easily. It's funny though, last night Matt and I kept mentioning that it doesn't really matter for either of them. You know that whichever David doesn't win will still get a deal with someone. And I made the exact comment as you, I'd rather David Cook be able to make his own music without the Idol rules around him. Eh, win win situation for me.

Laura Dewey said...

Fun for Benjamin! Cute.