Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Photo Dump

Peter finished up preschool last week. It was a sad, sad time, especially for me. I have sent Benjamin and Peter to this wonderful (charitably subsidized) Montessori preschool for years, and it is finally closing its doors. Mrs. Brown has been great, and Peter has grown so much during these past two years with her. He is a really bright boy, and enjoyed working hard at math (the chains- he liked counting and recording 1 cubed, 2 cubed and got all the way to 8 cubed-512!), "Explode the Code," (he was really motivated, and finished book two this year) and reading. He'll be going to a "regular" preschool next year, which I guess will be good. I think socially, he could use it.
Here's Mrs. Bailey- the founder of the school. I wonder what she'll do with her house now that a good chunk of it isn't permanently a classroom? She is a saint.
Benjamin brought this diorama home that he made with his classmates at school. It's the Titanic hitting the iceberg. They must have had a long unit on this particular moment in history, because he's been interested in it for a while. 
He continues to be a great big brother. He's gotten more confident with Lydia- picking her up when she's crying and even changing wet diapers!
This past Saturday was gorgeous (it won't be long before the heat and humidity are way too stifling for such outings!), so we took advantage and went to the zoo.
Two cute boys.
We had fun riding the zoo train...



Lydia is totally, unmistakeably a redhead now. I still can't believe we have FOUR redheads. I mean seriously, what are the odds?! Also, I have four blue-eyed children, which is equally as mystifying to me, considering mine are brown.
Sweet sisters. I can't wait for these two to get a little bigger so they can be good little buddies.

3 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

My oh my, your kids are cute. I love all the pictures! Sorry the preschool you've loved is closing! Hope you find a good one elsewhere. And great job to Benjamin on his diorama! Looks really cool.

Rachel Sorber said...

I love the picture of Benjamin and Lydia together. So cute. Your children are absolutely adorable. I really miss them. And I think Little Rock sounds like a potentially very exciting getaway someday... ;)

Liz said...

*Furiously scribbling notes and vowing to copy everything you do as a mom*

...Oh, hi! How are ya?

;-)