Thursday, January 02, 2014

A New Year

 I'm feeling really good about 2014. For the past few New Years, I've been pretty resistant to the idea of goal setting, mostly because I hate the idea of setting myself up to fail. I'm much more comfortable with a "one day at a time" mantra, or "take life as it comes." I know there are many, many ways in which I could improve, but usually I opt for the higher road- keeping kids alive and my house from burning. :)

This year though, I'm feeling like I can stretch myself a little more. I can regularly work on art- and even submit it to art shows when the opportunity arises. I can create a consistent schedule for home preschool. I can put limits on my down time (which is usually just wasted time). I can be consistent with reading the scriptures. I can start using a calendar like a grownup. Yes, it's going to be a big year for me. I can just feel it.

I'm still not feeling motivated enough to work out on a regular basis, although I kind of wish I did. Maybe next year... ;)

1 comment:

Becky Lowe said...

Wow. I am inspired by your goals. I make them yearly and usually forget about them. I wish you luck! And keeping a calendar! That is a big one.