Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Talking about the Weather

I feel like my winter post must have been heard, because by some tender mercy the temperatures here jumped up 95 degrees since last week. That's right. There was a NINETY-FIVE degree difference (real feel) between last week and this. No wonder our pipes burst!
It's kind of an interesting thing watching your kids grow and getting to know them in the process. I feel like I'm understanding Nora better and better all the time. She really, really does not like to be cooped up. She has been so moody and lethargic these past few weeks, but as soon as she could go outside to play, it was like a light switched.
 She must get it from me...
 Peter on the other hand could stay home all day long, inside, by himself if I let him. 
It's actually a wonder that these two get along as well as they do! They really have bonded, having all this time together to play.
I love watching these two sisters grow closer as their relative age gap decreases.
They are seriously the cuddliest little girls, that is when Lydia isn't pulling Nora's hair.
 Lydia learned how to clap the other day, and now she does it all the time. It's adorable.
Something that was not so adorable was the bird that found its way into our house a few days ago...probably through that fresh hole in the drywall downstairs. The plumber did say it smelled like something was nesting, and now we know why. We've got to get that hole fixed!

3 comments:

Becky Lowe said...

So Nora loves to be outside? How cute. I love how she looks so exuberant kicking the ball. Glad she's got a sister. They'll be great friends. Poor Isaac.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I love the picture of Lydia and Nora snuggling-- I just want to snuggle in with them. You have snuggly kids. Hooray for better weather! May it stay for a while!

Liz said...

Isn't the clapping precious? I love it so much in Paige.

I love the snuggling pictures, too! So sweet!