Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Lydia's Blessing

 We had Lydia's Baby Blessing at church this past Sunday. Paul did a beautiful job. This little lady has great things in store for her life. I'm anxious to get to know her better through the years.
 I found this smocked cotton dress online. It came with a bonnet, which she wore for a few minutes, but then it just didn't seem right. When you've got hair like this, you just can't cover it up. I also found the smallest size white baby shoes there were for her to wear...seriously, there are few things cuter (or sillier) than baby shoes.
 Family of SIX!
 We were fortunate to have Paul's parents fly out for the weekend. We soaked up every minute.
 It was wonderful to have good friends there with us to stand in the circle.
Families are such a blessing. Not that I didn't recognize that before, but I'm coming to believe it more and more.

4 comments:

Jeannine said...

So many things I love about this post:

1) Lydia's hair is awesome! And her dress is adorable. I'm glad you decided against the bonnet, too, because you really can't cover up hair like that.

2) I love your family picture - especially the toy car on Peter's head :)

3) Lydia's facial expressions in the last couple pictures are priceless! I can't imagine it's easy to hold those awesome cheeks up...

4) In connection with the last one, she's an adorable little CHUNK!! I love those squishy little legs and arms! Abby is starting to get a bit of a double chin and is definitely starting to fill out... So sad! I vote no to growing up.

Liz said...

I agree. Let that adorable mop be free!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I LOVE the first picture of Lydia. Looking right at the camera, and just glowing! And your family picture is awesome. So glad the Cannons were able to come out! What a special, sweet occasion.

Rachel Sorber said...

That girl is just so precious. I love her dress and I'm glad you left her wild hair flying in the wind. I can't help but think that "Merida" might have been a good choice for at least one of your girls...