Monday, June 10, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa's Visit

We felt so lucky to have Paul's parents come and visit us last weekend! We got to keep Grandma with us a little longer, and enjoyed celebrating the end of school and the beginning of summer with her. We made some good memories and they got to know one of their newest grand-babies. Lydia is one of five cousins born or due in 2013 - two boys, two girls and one surprise coming this fall!
 Grandpa's first evening with us was spent in the basement when the tornado sirens went off. *Sometimes* we like to ignore those, especially when they happen right after the kids go to bed (I'm bad, I know...), but judging by the urgency and proximity of the report over our little radio, we decided it would be prudent to get everyone downstairs this time. We had a great time singing songs and finding the safest spot. The cubby hole under the stairs did nicely for the kids.
The kids also enjoyed a little extra story time with Grandpa. Peter was very concerned about the animals outside, and this helped get his mind off them.
The next day the kids wanted to go up to the art museum. Here's Nora channeling Degas' "Little Dancer."
The boys were so excited to go to a baseball game with Grandpa!
They had a great time together.
Meanwhile, Grandma took us girls to find a swing for Lydia. The old one we had broke after Peter was a baby, and I just decided it was one more thing to store, so I never bothered replacing it. Lydia LOVES it. I think Grandma may have single handedly saved my back! Thanks again!

2 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

I love that last picture. I'm so glad you had your in-laws for a while--what fun! It sounds like it was a great visit. I really wished I'd had a baby swing this time around...but like you, it seemed like just one more thing to store. It's amazing what you DON'T buy for your fourth child that you just had to have for your first...

And I'm glad Nora's going to have SO MANY cousins her age on both sides!!! Lucky kid.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Tornado sirens, eh? That's exciting. It sounds like you had a ton of fun. I'm so glad they could come! I love all the pictures. We get to see you so soon!! I can't wait!