Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Optimism

After last night's election results, I have certainly been a little gloomy. These passages from President Gordon B. Hinckley's "Standing for Something" were just what I needed today:

"We all tend to worry about the future. And yes, there may be lean days ahead for many of us. There will doubtless be challenges of all varieties. No one can avoid them all. But we must not despair or give up. We must look for the sunlight through the clouds...

We have so much to live for, so much to hope for! Humanity is essentially good. We are all of one great family. We can give strength to the voice of hope. We can give thanks to those who work for peace. We can give added attention to those who feed the hungry and bind up the wounds of conflict. To the extent we cultivate the virtue of optimism, we will bless all the world's peoples."

1 comment:

Rachel Sorber said...

Thanks. I miss him. :)

Thanks for your comments on my post, too. I miss you, too.