Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ninjas and Missing Persons

It's been almost a week since we dropped Paul off at the airport for one of his bi-annual longer business trips. I tend to forget these things happen until they do. He'll be gone for another week, but thankfully I'll have him around for my birthday before he leaves us again. I really can't complain too much, since most of the year, he's got such great hours and we see him all the time.
So it's just been me and the kids. We try to have fun together. This was a spontaneous tickle fight in the front yard after a much anticipated dinner at McDonalds.
We had a lot going to keep us occupied on Saturday. Benjamin started soccer, and I found it a little amusing that his team is mostly girls. I think there were about three boys. I don't think he cared though. I'll have to get more pictures another time, hopefully when Peter and Nora aren't clawing on me to leave. right. this. second.
When my boys find sticks, they are used as ninja weapons. I had a huge pile growing on the front porch for a while until I relegated them to the side of the house where they fit in much better with the (lack of) decor.
When they saw me pull out the camera, awesome ninja poses ensued.
And of course Nora does not like to be left out of the action either.
She's even gotten good at her ninja flips!

In some ways, I don't mind the time alone...although this time around I'm having a hard time thinking of any. I wish I had a little more energy, or I would use my evenings to get stuff done besides the essential cleanup. As it is, I'm usually wiped by the end of the day, and want nothing more than my bed. Ah, well. Glad this isn't a permanent condition around our house!

3 comments:

Liz said...

It's so tough when husband/Daddy leaves town. I hate it when Mark's gone! Your littles sure look happy, though. I can't get enough of that Nora!

Rachel Sorber said...

I hate it when Sam's gone, too. Take it easy, and don't feel guilty for not getting any projects or whatever done. Being preggo with 3 kids is kind of its own project. The end result will be stunning. :)

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Nice ninja flip, Nora! Benjamin and Peter look intimidating. :) Good luck, Sarah! I hope you can get all the rest and kid help you need.