Sunday, September 09, 2012

A Very Momentous 500th Post

I was about to post a bunch of pictures of the hike we took as a family yesterday, until I realized this would be my 500th post. And that would be a terrible thing to waste on something so mundane. Which is why I decided to instead announce...
...we're having a baby! I'm eleven weeks along now, due on April 2. It's crazy to think that in about a half a year from now, this cute little trio is going to be a cute foursome. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around FOUR kids. For me at least, that number represents the threshold from which a smallish family becomes a big family.
As excited as I am, this still feels like a leap of faith. I already have some idea of how tough it is to have three kids still at home. But I also know how fun and rewarding it is, to watch my kids become each others' best friends. I feel tremendously blessed that to this point, we've been able to have kids so easily.
The boys were elated when they heard the news, and immediately decided it needs to be a boy. I guess if we're to have a proper baseball team, then a baby brother is in order. :) Nora is a bit more resistant to the idea of having a new baby. I don't think she actually has any idea what we're talking about, but I'm sure she'll figure it out and warm up in time. As for me, I generally feel exhausted most of the time. I've had a few "sick" days here and there, but for the most part I've been alright. I honestly don't have a preference with gender. Naturally, the only question on my mind is whether we'll continue this red-headed-blue-eyed-baby-Paul mold. Three for thee is pretty crazy, but could we possibly go four for four?! The suspense is killing me.

15 comments:

Karen said...

I just don't think your children could get ANY cuter. I'm in suspense about the redhead mold too! Congrats, Sarah!!

Karen said...

The redhead mold sounds like a disease. But you know what I meant, right?? ;)

Thora said...

Congratulations! Four felt like a big threshold for me - I think for the same reason - four isn't a small family anymore. But on the other hand, I think for me (so far - I'm still new at this) that going from two to three was harder than three to four. I wonder about the redhead/blue eyes too! I often think about what the next kid will look like - gets me through the yucky times.

GayLynn said...

Wow, 500 posts!! You're amazing! You have such a beautiful family. We keep hoping to get a red head one of these days. :)

Danielle said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting!

Have you had people tell you that they heard that red heads are going to go extinct? Lately people (read: strangers) have been telling me that (it's bunk according to Wikipedia), but I think you're definitely doing your part to keep them going strong! I'll see if I can chip in another one in January! :)

merathon said...

four kids IS momentous! i wasn't brave enough to go there, so you're way tougher than me! hope you get your energy back soon...

Liz said...

Hooray! Congratulations! May your stomach be calm and your ankles normal-sized. ;-) So happy for you!

Rachel Sorber said...

Yay! Another Cannon is always welcome, I'd say! I love your kids. Lemme know how the pregnancy's going. I'm so glad you have such a relatively easy go of it. You're one lucky mama!

Bon-Bon said...

You have THE cutest kids! Best of luck as the months whiz by til April.

Karey said...

Yay! How exciting! Whether or not number four fits the mold, I'm sure he or she will be adorable and delightful! Love you guys!

Melanie said...

I love it! Congratulations!

MarcD said...

That is such a cute picture of your kids. Do you just melt a little every time you look at it? And to think there will be one more sweet baby Cannon there-- I can't wait to meet who you get next. Congratulations again, and I hope you can take life as slow and easy as you need!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Sample person was me-- whoops

Stacy said...

Yay!!!!! Congratulations! You have such an adorable family :) I'll be completely honest. 4 kids for me is way harder than 3 was, but so worth it :) Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you guys :) (If you couldn't tell) :)

The Dahle Family said...

I didn't think going from 3 to 4 was such a big deal. Then it happened. Yeah, it feels like a LOT of kids now. And like Stacy said, 4 is way harder for me than 3. I thought maybe by 6 months I would have kinda gotten the hang of the 4 kids thing. Not yet.

And like you said, it requires faith, a daily exercise of faith in the grace of Jesus Christ--His enabling power. I felt His strength today in one of those moments where I had to pick if Max or Hazel was going to have to scream on the floor. (Max's need for milk won out over Hazel's tantrum about not getting a popsicle even when she said please.) Hard but absolutely wonderfully worth it for sure, just as you said, Sarah!!! I'm so excited for you and your darling family!! Such blessed news!