Monday, July 16, 2012

Hoo-tah

We're back! And with lots and lots of pictures of our two week long vacation to Utah, or "Hoo-tah" as Nora calls it. We left at 3 a.m. on a Friday morning, and got there at midnight with the time change. It was a long drive (22 hours!), but much better than breaking it up over a few days if you ask me. The kids were excited to wake up at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and wasted no time finding the toys, dress-ups and swings.
 I loved how Nora insisted on wearing this dress at all times, even though it was at least a foot too long for her.

 Grandma had added a new knight costume to her box, and Peter wanted to wear it non-stop.


It was awesome.
 We got to see many of Paul's cousins on his Mom's side that first day, and had a great time catching up with them. The company was wonderful, the food was delicious, and the croquet was intense.
 Peter and Benjamin even found a red-headed relative...let's see, I think he would have been a second cousin once-removed? It was hard to tell who was who from behind!
 Nora and Josephine got reacquainted at Grandma and Grandpa's. It was fun to see the resemblance between the two cousins. 
 We took a hike up Provo Canyon to Stewart Falls. Nora got the best deal out of it, as she rode the two miles up and back on Daddy's shoulders.
 Even though we were there during 100+ degree days, the heat was always bearable because of the cool dry shade. I love Utah weather.
 Nora spotted lots of wildflowers.
 The falls were beautiful, but the views along the way were just as fantastic.
 Benjamin is a great little hiker, just like his dad, the mountain goat!
 Peter did an amazing job too, and had a dirty, happy face to show for it.
 We made our annual trip up to the BYU campus, just because. We saw the Islamic Art Exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art, randomly bumped into my cousin's daughter Alyssa who just started her freshman year and is a crazy talented artist, then headed over to the Wilk. We found a few things for the kids then went bowling with Grandma and Grandpa and Claire.
Soon I'll post pictures from the Fourth of July. I decided to break up the trip so it would actually get done. :)

6 comments:

Liz said...

I just want to SQUEEZE your adorable little Nora! And get her together with my Katelyn - the cute redhead pictures would be awesome! :-)

Becky Lowe said...

Very fun to read. I love seeing you with the Cannons. They feel like family to me. Oh, yea - they are!

Hi Lowe! said...

looks like you had such a fun time!!! I love peter's happy hiking face and the knight costume! Sweet sweet post about Nora too... :)

alexandra said...

I wish we could have been there, too! I am glad you had such a great time. I am really blown away by how much Porter and Nora resemble each other (even down to the hairstyle--my poor boy needs a cut so badly!).

Mirien said...

Alyssa told me she saw you! How fun. So nice of you to call her "crazy talented"!

Rachel Sorber said...

I just read through all of your posts so far, up through the campout. How fun! I'm so glad you got to go. Thanks for all the posts--it makes me homesick and I miss you even more than usual, but I love it. Sounds like you had a marvelous time!