Monday, July 23, 2012

Greats

My kids are lucky enough to have four of their eight great-grandparents still living. We had a wonderful time visiting with my Mom's parents and seeing all the ambitious things they've been up to. They still keep up their yard to host lots of wedding receptions for their grandchildren.
 Grandpa seems just as young and spry as he did when I was this small.
 The kids loved him!
 This is my Grandma's studio, where she does portraits and landscapes. She only just got started within the last decade, but has really taken off. She's a talented lady!
 Benjamin doing his thing, playing chess.
 Nora loved the pink flamingos and was trying to get a closer look.
 I think we timed our trip perfectly, because we were able to meet up with two of my Dad's sisters, my Aunt Stephanie and Aunt Karen. I love these women!
 And it was so wonderful seeing my Dad's Mom doing so well. She's had a rough year with her back and hip, but seemed back to her normal self during our visit. She was even jumping for the kids! I made sure to get a four generation picture, but this was the best we could do. Nora wasn't having it.
We are so blessed to have such a great heritage. I hope our kids will always remember who these people are and what they mean to me.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Four of the eight great-grandparents! Amazing. I myself don't even have any grandparents left and haven't for years. What a wonderful blessing for your kids!