Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Swimming Lessons

If you can imagine, I haven't had the drive to get back on here after that marathon of vacation posts. But I'm easing back into it, and to start, I have a few pictures of the boys at their swimming lessons. Benjamin loved the lessons, and Peter tolerated them- at least until the last day when he flat out refused to get into the pool. On that day, Benjamin had our swim instructor, Brian all to himself and made a lot of progress. It's so fun to see him blossom and find confidence doing new things. 
Airplane, rocket, chicken!  
Benjamin floating in rocket position.
Peter floating in chicken position.
Benjamin told me his favorite part was jumping into the pool. He got really good at it! 
And Peter got a little bolder, jumping further each time into Brian's arms.
Benjamin will put his head completely under and move a little ways now, which is huge progress in my mind. Peter is a lot more safe in the water now too. I remember last summer, being absolutely terrified to bring Peter to the pool- even in his flotation suit. He was crazy! Now Nora is hitting that stage, and of course it doesn't help that she loves to imitate her brothers. It's nice though to only have to worry about one kid again and relax a little when I go to the pool! It's about all I can stand to do outside these days.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hoooooray! HOW FUN!!! So glad we found each other! Look at your THREE, 3!! Beautiful little ones! GEESH! that's amazing! so glad we can keep in touch now!! xoxox