Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Progress

Hey look! We made a little progress in here! We settled on a gray, moved the mantle lower and hung a mirror to cover the two giant ugly vents. I used a sample of Benjamin Moore's "Hazy Skies" over the bricks here, and will get another gallon to finish the walls and the bricks below. 
And just for reference, here's where the mantle used to be. It was always kind of awkwardly high. 
I've stripped one of the chairs completely down and have gotten two layers of cream paint on. I really love the shape. I think it should go pretty quick from here, recovering the cushions and stapling them back on. 
And here's the three grays we were deciding from. We picked the one in the middle. In the currently green eating area, we'll paint it gray below the chair rail, and cream on top. The red room will also go gray.
 
Lots more is happening in here, so I'll keep you updated. It's been a fun project for me!

8 comments:

Momo Cannon said...

I am impressed with your ambitious projects! It all looks great!

Liz said...

You go girl! Keep posting pictures! :-)

merathon said...

i love projects! can't wait to see how it all turns out!

alexandra said...

way to go! i think grey can look really lovely. what are the color names besides hazy skies? looks great, sarah!

Marliese said...

Everything looks pretty! Good eye...

Jeannine said...

You're incredible. It all looks amazing so far! And I cannot believe how much you're able to get done with 3 kids! Amazing.

Momo Cannon said...

Love what you are doing with the Place Sarah. I just have one question for you..... How exactly do you ever have time to do everything you do?! It amazes me. You are a fantastic person. I love you and your family!

Momo Cannon said...

I know that last comment says it was from momo but It was really from me.. Katie Cannon. I am just logged in as my mother so Katie Said that not my mom although I am sure she would agree!