Thursday, January 13, 2011

Half a Year Old!

It's hard to believe that just six months ago, this smily, giggly, bright-eyed little girl was just a tiny 7 lb. 5  oz. infant. Now she's 16 lb. 1 oz. (49%), 25.75 in. long (44%), and brimming with personality.

Nora's Six Month Progression Shot
We've sort of started solid foods, although she generally just gives us the stink face when we attempt to spoon mush into her mouth. I'm pretty sure she knows what she's missing out on, and is insulted by baby food.
Newborn Nora

On New Years Eve, it was especially warm (we had a tornado skim just south of us) so we went to the park. I thought she would love the swing, but her expressions just fluctuated from concerned to indifferent as it went up and down. I just assumed she would love it as much as the boys, who could have both swung for hours as babies if I let them (Peter still can). 






One of Nora's favorite things to do these days, besides being held and wiggling out of our arms, is to bounce in her Johnny Jump-Up. I don't remember either of my boys enjoying this as much as she does. It's really cute. 
Nora checking herself out on the computer screen. 
Nora is also really into babies, which is very different from my boys. She loves her own reflection, and goes crazy when she sees a baby doll. I was playing around with Photo Booth on my iMac the other day, and caught this one of her looking at her own image.
     

 Of course Benjamin and Peter thought it was pretty hilarious too. Quality indoor entertainment!

6 comments:

merathon said...

i love how it looks like Benjamin is stretching out Peter's head by pulling his hair!

Liz said...

Nora is so beautiful! Those cheeks, and those adorable little shoes! Don't you love having a little girl? They're the best. :-)

Momo Cannon said...

She is so beautiful! It is a true thing that girls are different! Can't believe she is 6 months old already.

Rachel Sorber said...

Wow. Six months. It is crazy. I missed her every day we were in Utah--especially when Johnny was right there. I can't wait to see her in just a few short weeks!!!

Hi Lowe! said...

I can't wait for Isaac to try the johnny jump! He'll be the first one to try it! Nora is SO cute!!!!!!

Stacy said...

How cute! The time just goes too fast. And photobooth is one of our favorites too :)