Friday, July 16, 2010

Nora

Leonora is four days old now, and has been home since Tuesday afternoon. So far, she's been a pretty easy newborn, and Benjamin and Peter have been adjusting better than expected.
We've been debating what her nickname should be. We named her Leonora (pronounced "Leah-Nora") with the intention of shortening it, since it is a mouthful. We love the name, mostly because the person she's named after is part of both of our family histories though not a blood relative of either of us. Anyways, it's an interesting intersect between our lines and a name that we've both come to love. And having gotten to know our own little Leonora over the past few days, we've decided that she makes a great "Nora."
Three-day-old Nora in her bouncer. I'll try to do fairly regular age progression shots in this to track her growth.
I'm certainly not used to having such a tiny baby! All of her features are a lot more delicate than either of my boys were. Today at the pediatrician, she weighed in at 6 lbs. 15 oz., about 6 oz. lighter than she was at birth. Here Benjamin is showing me how "long" he is next to his baby sister.
A couple of shots of her with her eyes open.
Nora seems to be a good mix. She doesn't look strongly like one side or the other.
I took this the other morning. The boys were both fawning over her, and I just thought it was a sweet moment.

11 comments:

Hi Lowe! said...

Oh, she's beautiful! She has a lot of hair! You look great, Sarah! Thanks for posting this pictures. It's really helpful to see newborn again! I believe I have forgotten what it's like to hold a newborn. They are so little!

Momo Cannon said...

She is wonderful! She is so fortunate to have such great big brothers! Thanks for the pictures - I can't have too many of them! Grandma Cannon

Sarah said...

Oh, so precious! Isn't it SO crazy to see newborns next to your other kids who you thought looked so small before?
I'm glad everyone's enjoying her!

Karey said...

She's gorgeous, Sarah! Congrats! In the second to last picture, Matt and I both said she looks similar to Anna Deru. And it is so funny to see Benjamin looking like an absolute giant next to her! :)

Liz said...

I love the name Nora. Absolutely beautiful. And she is breathtaking! I love the shots with her eyes open.

Rachel Sorber said...

She's absolutely beautiful, Sarah. I love the name Nora--I think it suits her, too. Oh, I wish I could hold her!!!

Michelle Lowe said...

I'm sooooo excited for your family! Nora is so precious and I'm sure will balance the strong male influence in your family quite nicely. :) She is beautiful! I can't wait to hold her in a month!!

Thora said...

I also like the name Nora - it means Light in Arabic - such a happy name. Great thing she's such a good newborn, with having three, now!

alexandra said...

She is so so cute and I adore her name. I told Paul that my good friend just named her baby Nora and I think it is darling. Classic but not trendy! Leonora is a beautiful name, too. Very romantic. It is funny to see such a delicate little baby after your two little tankers.

Kara said...

Congratulations Sarah! She really is beautiful!

Parker and Vanessa said...

So sweet. Congratulations!