Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Beautiful Things


Today, like most free day-Tuesdays, we visited the Butterfly House. I was secretly hoping they would still have the cute felt butterfly ornaments in their gift shop that I spotted last month, but didn't really expect they would. I was too cheap to justify buying one last month, but oh happy day, they had a few left- and at 75% off! So I grabbed three. Seriously, how cute are these? 
But as cute as those are, I happen to think my baby is definitely cuter. I was surprised the other day while I was out, when someone actually asked if she was a girl because she was "too beautiful to be a boy." The reason this was odd is that she was wearing Peter's BLUE fuzzy suit that he wore when he was a baby. Yeah, all girl, this one!
And I have no shame putting her in silly frilly bonnets these days (on the off chance that she's not wearing a fuzzy blue suit). 
I had the hardest time getting any decent pictures in the Butterfly House today- it was really, really humid in there. It felt so nice!  
 And this picture was taken shortly after Peter fell into the pond that is in the center of the butterfly atrium, completely soaking the right side of his pants. Funny how the laundry room that was completely cleaned out yesterday is now full of muddy coats and mittens and wet pants. Oh, well! I wouldn't trade my messy, boisterous little boys for anything- even cute butterflies and bonnets!

6 comments:

Marliese said...

I agree, Nora is gorgeous and girly. And the buttterfly ornaments were a great find! You have a good eye, and great taste. I wonder how hard it would be to make those?

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I miss you guys! It was so fun to talk on Skype the other day. Cute post and VERY cute kids!

Liz said...

Unquestionable. Nora's cuter. That first picture of her is just gorgeous! {Along with all the others, of course. :-)}

stefanie said...

Those ornaments are beautiful and your little lady is even more beautiful.

Rachel Sorber said...

Fun. I love how Nora is glowing with her little bonnet in that picture. She's absolutely gorgeous, Sarah. I canNOT wait to see her in a month!

And I love the butterfly ornaments.

Becky Lowe said...

The DEEP South, is it? My goodness. I had no idea you were itching to move all those years. I always wanted to go overseas or at least move to Canada when Dad's work was going to transfer us, but it never happened. That one move was so overwhelming, I suppose it was a mercy we never did it! I hope you get your combined wishes to go somewhere warmer before too long.