Monday, July 12, 2010

QUICK! We're Running out of Red Pigment...and...It's a GIRL!!!!


Well, I know the only question people really care about is, "does she have red hair?" The answer is...sort of. With Benjamin it was, "WOW! Look at that RED HAIR!" With Peter, the nursery nurses asked us where the red(ish) hair came from with quiet curiosity, no dramatic emphasis. With Leonora Taylor, no comments about red hair, but she definitely has a reddish hue. I guess we're just running out of red pigment.


Now the details: Leonora Taylor healthy and strong. She weighs 7 lbs 5 oz and I still have yet to hear how long. She is absolutely perfect.

Sarah was a Rock Star! And while that is nothing new to me, it is still astonishing to see just how serene she is even when walking the shadowed valley.

We recently watched a couple of seasons of 24, a bit of a guilty pleasure. When they put us in delivery room 24 with this clock it was really hard not to make the occasional doo, dew, doo, dew. It made for a laugh or two, but mainly made us want to cover that blasted second hand.

Benjamin and Peter spent the day with some good friends and were really excited to see their new baby sister. At first Benjamin was interested in holding her, but he got it out of his system pretty quickly. Once he saw the Amazing Spider Man puzzle that Leonora got for him he was off in his own little world.

Peter on the other hand would take a few minutes holding the baby, gently touching her soft, delicate head and putting his cheek to hers. He would then abruptly request to be put down on the ground only to demand to be picked back up a few minutes later. He would run back to the bed, reach his arms toward the baby and repeat, "Holt, holt, holt."

While I remember wanting to hold Benjamin and Peter as newbies, when they took Leonora away after the delivery for two agonizing (for me) hours I nearly became irate at what seemed an unnecessary separation. I can't stand not being able to hold her and can't wait to see her tomorrow. Peter is now in bed, and Benjamin is sleeping over at a friends house (we'll see how that goes.)

It was a truly blessed day. Thank you for your prayers.

19 comments:

Melanie said...

What a sweet post.

Congratulations to your whole family! Leonora looks as serene as Sarah.

Liz said...

I'm so not surprised Sarah was such a champ. She's a fighter!
What a beautiful little girl. I am so happy for all of you!

The Dahle Family said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear that all is well!! What an adorable little bundle--we're so happy for you guys!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!! Those are some really cute cheeks!

Momo Cannon said...

She is really beautiful! Good Job Sarah. We are thankful all is well.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!

Stacy said...

She's a keeper ;) Congratulations!!

Thora said...

Congratulations! I love your comment about Sarah's serenity in the shadowed valley - almost poetical.

Maybe Leonora will have auburn hair? She's beautiful, and it's cute that Peter was so interested in her. I love her name! What's the Taylor from? (I ask, because on my Mom's side we're Taylors back aways- hey, maybe we're related).

Rachel Sorber said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you. She's adorable, and I'm grateful that everything went smoothly and that Peter and Benjamin had a good first encounter with her. Wish I could give her a kiss in person!

Karey said...

Congratulations! Leonora is just beautiful! So happy for you!

Becky Lowe said...

She's just adorable! And what a noble name! I think those cheeks are just hanging out there waiting to be kissed. Can't wait to hold her and smell the heavenly baby smell. Peter sounds like you at age 2, Sarah - "Can I hold your Beebee?!" Very clever to have had Leonora 'give' Benjamin and Peter gifts. Smart parents!

Tracy said...

We're so happy for you! Congratulations!!

Calley said...

Oh my goodness what a gorgeous baby. Congtrats you guys! I hope you feed her some red Kool Aid or something, we need to keep a good thing going here!

Katie Cannon said...

She is so adorable I'm so excited that I will be able to see her this fall in person!! It's going to be so great! I love you guys.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Hooray for pictures! Thanks Paul. I just love her already. What a beautiful, sweet girl. Sarah, the reason I called again-- sorry to catch you at a bad time-- is because the day you had her I was reading an article about John Taylor that highlighted his wife, Leonora Cannon (never knew her name before). It was with Leonora that they searched for and joined the church (and then look what happened!) I thought wow-- what a beautiful name, and of course I can see why it would be so significant and special to name your daughter the same. It really suits her, too!

Henry Parents said...

Sarah - you look great, and Leonora is so sweet! I love the picture of Peter and Leonora, so cute. We can't wait to meet her, congrats!!

stefanie said...

She is beautiful. Congrats! I love, love her name.

McKenna said...

CONGRATS! She is just a doll and I love her name. Glad to hear you are doing well. Give her a hug for me. Thanks for putting up pictures!

Marliese said...

Congratulations! There is nothing better than welcoming a new person into the world. She is precious, and has a lovely name. Enjoy!