Sunday, July 25, 2010

CELEBRATE

A few of my favorite things these past few weeks, post-gestational diabetes:

1. Being able to enjoy all the ripe, juicy peaches I want!
2. The hospital fridge was stocked with these little cartons of heaven, and I couldn't get enough...3. Why yes, I did eat a donut for breakfast the morning after giving birth. I was so happy not to be eating eggs for the first time in a month!
4. Some inspired friends brought some of this over.
5. Paul and I got to have a little date while my Mom was in town, so we headed out for some frozen custard. Mmmm...raspberry concrete. So good.
In many, many ways, it's so nice to not be pregnant anymore!

4 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

MMMMmmmmm. I know the feeling. Revel in it. Then get yourself a membership at a gym. ;)

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

That ice cream looks way too good, Sarah. YUM.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, those peaches look SO good! Can't believe you couldn't eat them...shouldn't fruit be good for you?

Glad you get to enjoy all that yummy food now!

Marliese said...

Some true reasons to celebrate. I admire your self-control! even though you didn't have much choice:) Nora is just gorgeous. I love the photos of her with your sweet mom. What an amazing lady she is.