Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Post

We have a working toilet! The sink still needs another piece before we can hook it up, but we're getting back to normal little by little. I love the new vanity.
This Spring has been unusually hot, with temperatures generally around the mid-80's. I felt a little odd setting up the wading pool and buying popsicles in April, but we needed it!
Oh, and I found the perfect fabric to go with the existing color scheme in the nursery for whenever I decide to convert it into a little girl's room. The walls, rug, crib and bumper are staying the same.And this butterfly fabric brings in a few more colors and a touch of femininity. I got the pink giraffe fabric to go along with it because it was $3 for a good sized remnant. I'd start decorating now, but I'm holding on to separate bedrooms for the boys as long as possible. Peter definitely isn't ready to move out of his crib, and so I'm not sure how or when to make any transitions. I might just keep him in there for a few months after the baby is born and put a port-a-crib in our room until he's ready. I don't know. It will be interesting having a 21 month old and a newborn.
And lastly I had to show this adorable little dress that Paul's Mom got her. I love classic dresses! I'm officially getting excited to have a girl.

6 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

LOVE the bathroom vanity! And that little dress is adorable! I think you'll like being a mom of a little girl. They can be pretty fun.

Calley said...

Okay seriously, how cute is that fabric?! I can't wait to see how you decorate it. Everything you decorate turns out adorable. And i love the bathroom. Love love love it all!

Mirien said...

Know what? I have 6 kids and have never decorated a nursery! We've never had a separate room just for the baby--ever--until Mitchell moved out when Hayley was 6 months old. She's been on her own since then, but I didn't bother decorating since we're the only ones who see it and in a few more months she'll be sharing with Corinne anyway. But I love your ideas for converting a boy nursery into a girl one with a couple of fabrics--genius!

stefanie said...

Cute, cute fabric. You always do a good job with your decorating. I love the dress.

Becky Lowe said...

Like Mirien, we never 'decorated' for the baby. Except perhaps when Miriam was born -- we hung a piece of baby-print flannel up with thumb tacks to cover the unfinished shower since she slept in the roughed-in 'master bathroom' until we moved her in with Sarah a year later. But I was never a decorator. Wish I had your gift! The bathroom looks so nice and modern with that new vanity and pretty floor. Good work!

Marliese said...

You surely do have a gift. Cute, cute fabric--it can be hard to find...do you have a favorite store? Maybe it's a Midwest chain...